The house lies on the border of Schongau village at a height of 800 meters. The back of the house faces the Lindenberg mountains and the front faces the See-tal valley. The village itself is made up of three small areas, i.e. Mettmenschongau, Oberschongau and Niederschongau. The surrounding area offers lots of possibilities to lunch or dine in one of the many local traditional restaurants. The Lindenberg (875 meters high) has a variety of trees which form a green belt along the See-tal valley. The valley also has two beautiful lakes, the Hallwilersee and the Baldeggersee.
A picturesque landscape through its beauty and simplicity. Here you can be tempted to go walking, cycling, and swimming in one of the lakes, to sample the delicious Swiss food or just enjoy the beautiful nature from a vantage point on one of the many benches or street cafes. If you are lucky you may even get a glimpse of some of the wildlife in the area, i.e. deer, foxes and birds of prey.
In the winter you can reach the ski slopes in 45 minutes.
A few links to lead you to enjoying the Swiss life.
- The village Schongau. www.schongau.ch
- Seetal information. www.seetaltourismus.ch
- Lamatrekking Schongau. www.lamatrekking-seetal.ch
- Funpark Schongiland. www.schongiland.ch
- Castle Heidegg. www.heidegg.ch
- Skie-areas Central Swiss. www.bergfex.ch/zentralschweiz/
- Zurich, 45 minutes from Schongau. www.zuerich.ch
- Luzern, 40 minutes, but very special. www.luzern.ch
- Basel, 1 hour, a bit further away but worth while. www.basel.ch
- On your way to Italy and in search for a Lovely B&B in Umbrie, check this site! www.casaldelbosco.com
- Other Bed & Breakfast in Switzerland www.bnb.ch